Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Blessings

Blessed!

Once in awhile I'm reminded of all the blessings that I have that I take for granted. We are SO blessed! We have our health, our sanity, beds to sleep in, blankets to keep us warm, air conditioning and when we need it, heat. I have a loving husband, wonderful children, food, friends, family..........the list just goes on and on!
Most of all I have a loving God who cares for me!

thousands, maybe millions of children are living in slavery, extreme poverty, or extreme circumstances- beyond anything I could ever fathom. I'm overwhelmed at the thought of the need that is out there. I'm reminded of the starfish story (if you haven't heard it google it), I'm supposed to help one child at a time. I trust that God brings us the children that we can help and in turn they bring such joy to our home. Seeing these children bloom and learn is an amazing thing to watch! Lord, what else would you like to do through me? I'm open, willing and ready!

God has taught me over the years that trying to be a blessing to others ALWAYS turns into us being blessed! God is AMAZING the way he works this out! Luke 6:38 "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured in your lap. For the measure you use, it will be measured to you."  I feel like it's so unfair, I'm blessed beyond what I should be!

This post is for me to always remember to be thankful, for me to also remember those that need our help. What are ways you can think of for us to help ALL these children in need?

No comments:

Post a Comment