Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Weaker?

God is teaching me so many lessons lately (well, always but they seem to be sinking in more lately)

Here's the verse that started this process 1 Peter 3:7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner........ okay the verse goes on but I'm gonna stop right there for a minute. I use to have a really hard time being called the weaker sex! Weak? I was a single mom, went to school full time, worked full time and tried to make good decisions, weak? I felt pretty strong! Well, I'm pretty sure God wasn't talking about weak in the sense I was thinking. (His ways are higher than ours - not always something I can wrap my brain around)

These past few months have given me a glimpse at what I believe God was talking about when he called wives the weaker partner. I am emotional! If left to myself I will make some stupid decisions based on my emotions- NOT a good idea, I know but nonetheless what I would do. My sweet, smart husband grounds me (in the sense of being logical when I'm being emotional). He follows the command to treat me with respect by not telling me I'm being stupid but lovingly just listens to me and my feelings. I'm blessed beyond belief to have a husband that follows God's commands.

Back to our verse.....Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

God made us both in His image, He also made women last- you save the best for last, right!?!? :) God made us all wonderful. I thank God for my logical husband who leads our family with honesty and integrity. May you be blessed today, whatever life has for you today.

oh yeah, another thing God has taught me is that the "weaker" sex needs to be taken care of. Not that we can't care for ourselves but what woman doesn't enjoy their husband pampering and caring for them? What a bonus to be "weaker".

To end my nutty post for the day is a quote from our morning: After serving peanut butter toast one of the 5 year olds says "There's nuts in peanut butter?" She was very excited and yet surprised by this realization. so cute. kinda like my response to be the weaker sex. Have a blessed day

No comments:

Post a Comment