Friday, March 9, 2012

Communication

As I was getting ready to write this (or trying to figure it out, like I said I'm a technological IDIOT) we had  unexpected visitors. Sabine and I were so happy to have 2 boys that left last month stop by to say hi! Great way to brighten the spirits, to see that the kids are doing well. To keep communication with the kids as they leave is really important to me, if it's possible. This momma seems to be doing a good job with her 4 sweeties!

And onto daily communication. I give A's to a few people around here for truly being wonderful with communication. If you have good communication in your life be thankful, it's vital.

A big barrier to communication for me is the language barrier. I had a very nice Cuban man trying to give me information in English, vital information. This man was telling me where to take 2 small boys for day care. I could not understand him so after he'd say it several times I'd write down what I thought he was trying to say and he'd nod as if I was correct. So I wrote down Wall Grubb Learning Center, the man nodded. Well, there's no such thing as Wall Grubb! hmmm...... Praise the Lord that he always helps us when we are in need! While getting the clothes out for the boys I found that the 2 year old had a uniform, with the name of the day care on it! Hallalujah! Wall Grubb?? World to Grow. The sweet man was trying to say World to Grow!

Since I try to keep parents as up to date as possible I wanted this man to know his kids were okay after he left them in our care but I didn't dare call, thought texting might be a little easier on both of us:) Happy Day, the boys are back with their Poppy after 24 hours with us.

Am I saying I'm typically great at communication, no way. Just saying I've seen a dramatic increase in my frustrations with communication over this past year. Actually Matt and I had our first mis-communication about dinner this week. I was sick and I was sure he said he'd make dinner, he thought I was making part of the dinner-I wasn't. First dinner miscommunication betewen the 2 of us for the year:)

Happy Communication............

No comments:

Post a Comment