Sunday, March 17, 2013

Unlovable

Have you ever felt unlovable? I know I have! I can be unlovable, unbearable & quite cranky at times. I'm blessed with the reassurance that my Heavenly Father loves me at ALL times. Blessed assurance!

Lately my heart is broken thinking of all the people, especially children,  that feel they are unlovable & not worthy of love or a safe place to call home.

I easily take my many blessings for granted: having loved ones near (MANY loved ones- friends & family), having a safe home to live in, having enough $ to care for our needs & some wants, having a church family that we love dearly, a safe community, friendly neighbors, #1- knowing the love of the one who gave his life for me & you!

Imagine the life of a child in the foster care system or orphanage. To no fault of their own they've been taken away from the only world they've ever known to live in a completely foreign environment. Some of the children get visits from loved ones, some never do. Some are put into loving homes where their needs are tended to, some are put into sub-par standards, others are put into homes of torment & abuse. Orphanages & large children's homes have too many children & the child can feel isolated & alone in the midst of many other children getting shuffled about or worse yet never being allowed to get out of bed/crib. Many young children in orphanages do not know how to walk at 2/3/4 years of age because they've been confined to bed for their entire existence.

Do you think they feel lovable? Loved?

Now picture someone has shown up to "rescue" you, to take you home & make you part of their family. As a child Joy, fear, excitement grip you at the news. You make the move, try to adjust, try to "fit in". Then the family decides they don't want you any more. This happens  ALL the time:(
I'm just unlovable is ingrained more deeply now...

I know I talk about foster care & adoption a lot- sorry. God has placed this on my heart so heavily I feel I have to share or else I'll crumple under the weight that has been laid on my heart. Would you please pray & ask God if he would have you step up to care for 1 child that needs a family, a safe place, a place to learn they are lovable? If you don't know the starfish story please look it up & read it. If you look up the number of children in need of families you'll feel like you are on a beach surrounded by millions of starfish- needing someone to take the step to help them.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
A beautiful picture of our rescue. We all need rescued. Will you follow Jesus' lead in adoption?

No comments:

Post a Comment